- Submit one (1) copy of the Application and Consent form signed by all owners of the business.
- Submit four (4) copies of your business plan.
Mail or drop-off completed forms and plans by 4:00pm on February 7, 2013 to:
London Small Business Centre
316 Rectory St. 3rd floor
London, ON N5W 3V9
PLEASE NOTE: If you submitted your application forms before January 11, 2013 to be eligible for VL workshops, please include a duplicate of these forms with your business plans.
- Nancy Kopriva
To be eligible to compete in Venture London, please ensure your business and plan meet the following requirements:
- All plans submitted will be for a proposed new London-based venture or for a business existing in London for less than three years. All business plans must be a maximum of 30 pages including cover sheet, body, financial statements and appendices. All business plans must be accompanied by a completed application and consent form. The application and consent form are not included in the 30-page maximum
- All business plans must be submitted no later than 4:00pm on February 7, 2012
- Venture London will disqualify any business plan and/or application that does not meet these minimum requirements for eligibility and submission
Q1. My business is located in Strathroy, but I have customers in London do I quality for the competition?
To qualify for the competition your business must be located within the city of London and your business must be registered at a London address.
Q2. My business plan is longer than 30 pages will it be disqualified?
Your plan will not be disqualified, however the judges recommend that they be less than 30 pages in length. Plans in excess of 30 pages that contain repetitive or irrelevant material may not be judged favourably. Review your plan prior to submitting to ensure to you are presenting a clear and concise business case and that all content is relevant and necessary.
Q3. I work for one of the sponsors of Venture London; can I submit my plan, even if it's for a different business?
Employees and owners of VL sponsor companies and founding organizations, or judges, are not eligible to submit a plan to the competition. Additionally, employees' or owners' immediate families and partners/spouses are not eligible to compete.
To download a copy of the complete Venture London rules and forms, click here (PDF).
If you have any questions about Venture London’s rules or eligibility, contact:
T: 519.659.2882 ext.234
- All business plans, references and credit checks will be treated as confidential and kept in a locked and secure location. Information and documents will only be shared with the Judging Panel and key members of the VLBC steering committee involved in organizing the judging process.
- The VLBC steering committee agrees to maintain the information submitted in confidence and to not reproduce / distribute / communicate the information within, except to the members of the judging panel, without expressed written consent of the contest entrant.
- All submissions will be DESTROYED (shredded) four weeks after the award’s ceremony.